Friday 25 April 2014

London to New Orleans

You may be wondering why I haven't been posting anything for the last two weeks (or more) and it's because I was in America! We had this holiday planned for ages, since last year, we being my mum, dad, brother and his girlfriend Sophie. My mum and brother planned all the travel whilst the rest of us just got more and more excited the closer it got. The first day we spent travelling on one flight for about 8 hours, then stopped off in Chicago for 3 hours, then got another 2 hour flight to New Orleans. When we stopped off in Chicago, I had to get myself a Krispy Kreme doughnut, I mean you have to really don't you. 



We arrived in New Orleans which is about 6 hours behind London, so when we headed out at 6 -7 ish it felt like 12-1 ish, along with all the jet lag, I didn't want to walk for ages, I just wanted to eat. I may have repeated this about twenty times to my family, they finally settled on a place and we waited only a little while then got taken to our table. I only managed to get two decent pictures and can't remember the name of the restaurant, I was literally so tired that I almost fell asleep in my food.  Anyways, let's explain the wonder you see below, this is turkey, bacon and cheese on French toast with chips. For the first night in New Orleans, half asleep at the table with my nose almost deep in chips, it was delicious!! It was so tasty that I have to make it at home, I'll maybe pop up a recipe if it goes well. 



The only other snap I got was of my brothers dinner, which was three little tasters of Louisiana food. These included Gumbo, Jambalaya and Shrimp Étouffée.

After we stuffed our faces, we lazily walked back (with a bag of Cheetos) and as soon as I was on the bed, I was asleep! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!